Page banner image

Re: Swimply

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on July 13, 2023 at 00:24:31

In Reply to: Re: Swimply posted by Zonie on July 12, 2023 at 14:52:41:

I had never heard of it either. Apparently it's done like an airbnb. One woman said that her children are grown and gone and the pool was not being used but still needed to be maintained and this seemed like a logical idea. Another said the money made from renting the pool helped pay for heating bills during the winter and another has an indoor pool that can be rented year round.

I currently know of only one hotel in the area that lets non guests use the pool. However it's not a one shot deal. The fee of around $100 covers a period of around three months where you can swim anytime during the normal hours that the pool is open. You can get individual or family passes. They stopped this practice during covid but have since begun again.

There is also a local campground that built a heated indoor pool that they rent out for parties and such. They also have specific time slots for adult swims, aerobic swim classes and so forth. This is a pay as you go deal. And of course there is always the local YMCA, but membership covers a set time frame that can be renewed.

I think Swimply is an interesting concept. According to the news report it's really catching on. Not sure I'd want to do it with my pool if I had one but those who do say it helps cover maintenance costs as well as provide additional income.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]