Page banner image

Re: What would you think?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on July 31, 2023 at 19:32:03

In Reply to: Re: What would you think? posted by LeviLovR on July 31, 2023 at 00:13:26:

I see the world strangely compared to others, viewed through statistics and logistics. I can be impulsive but it tends to take me into a logistical dead-end that is more painful than having just done nothing. I’ve talked to a few people lately (wet folk and non-wet folk) and in every case, not a single one is even able to vaguely comprehend me. I need a medium to thrash out the swirling cloud of conflicts but I may as well be jibbering in Martian for all anyone is able to fathom how I look at and model the world. (One or two people seem to care; the rest can’t even give a shit.)

What you describe is a logistical angle familiar to many: trading off freedom and independence against companionship. What makes this so complicated is that it’s not a static balance: you can’t simply assign a formula to it and stick to it, which was essentially my view in the school playground when I was like 7 or so, to resolve friend sharing with a rota. In reality, your needs and desires ebb and flow in ways that may not match those of your partner, or you may both need more hours in the day to fit everything in. It all depends on what you’re looking for: your needs and desires can be logistically viable (you share the same interests or are undemanding of time and attention) or logistically non-viable (you don’t share the same interests yet one or both of you expect a lot of time and attention). I’ve never had any romantic relationship but the logistical failure was part of what tore apart my last friendship.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]