Page banner image

Walking to skwl in the storm!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ry on September 20, 2023 at 07:11:37

So, yesterday, Tuesday we had a storm ... the leftovers from some US hurricanes.

We got up as normal at 6:30, had breakfast & got ready for skwl. Aidy looked out of the window & said it was 'p*ssin down' ... short for raining heavily! He asked if I was going to put a coat on? 'Nah Bro, it'll wake me up a bit'.

Next thing the door goes & it's Ross being dropped off. Then a few minutes later Ryan MK2 gets dropped. Ross is just in his blazer, his Mum has given up nagging him to put a coat on! Ryan has a white & black North face showerproof jacket on over his blazer.

By now we're both putting our shoes on & Aidy has decided to leave the coat. Obviously Ross isn't gonna wear one either. As we go to the door, Ryan says "aren't U wearin coats?" Ross replies, "NAH man, it's just a bit of water ... R U 11 or 6?"

So, we set off walking & it's literally throwing it down but blowing like mad too. Within about five minutes the shoulders & fronts of our blazers are shining wetly ... our hair sticking to our heads. A few minutes after that our shirts are sticking to our chests & I can feel the rain soaking through the shoulders of my blazer. After about another five minutes, on the main road, the front of my skwl pant thighs are sticking to my legs & shining. The water is running down the inside of my legs soaking my sox & boots.

Next thing we come across this MASSIVE puddle on the path, which is like a mini flood. Aidy just walks into it grinning back at us ... in the middle it comes up to just above his calfs. Ross wades in & a mini splash battle ensues between him & Aidy! After only a few minutes they are both pretty much soaked to the skin :)

Ryan & me are just stood there, still in the rain, laughing at them! Ryan still has his North face coat on, but it's not really stopped the water & you can see his blazer sticking to it from the inside ... he hasn't bothered fastening the zip anyway, or putting the hood up. So his shirt & tie are sticking to his chest, his pant legs are shining & the front of his blazer is soaked.

Aidy & Ross are still stood in the flood waiting for us! "Come on U pair of muppets!" I look at Ryan, "U do know we're gonna get soaked man?" He grins back, "yeh man ... but it's funny!" With that I grab him, trip him & lay him on his back in the puddle :). The water literally comes over his chest & even his head! He jumps up, "fck dats COLD!" He is literally dripping & soaked through. "U'r turn now CUZ!" He gets Ross & Aidy to grab me, I can't actually run away anymore! Within a few seconds I too am under water & he's right ... it's FREEZING! There is some more messing about & before long ALL four of us might as well have been swimming! Ryan removes his soaked North Face jacket, stuffing it in his bag ... "no point in that now!"

We carry on to skwl meeting & passing LOADS of other kids who are equally nearly as saturated as us! When we finally arrive at skwl in the yard I would say that over 75% of the skwl are soaked to the skin & just standing there for the doors to be opened!

Break & lunch were just as wet & I don't think we dried out ALL day!

Looking at the weather this morning, I think it will be round 2. Aidy says he is just going to walk to skwl in his shirt, with his blazer in his bag ... so he can put it on there & get warm!

Safe, Ry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]