Page banner image

New Year's Eve at the Pool

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on January 01, 2024 at 14:33:54

As usual I spent New Year's Eve at my favorite hotel with the heated outdoor pool and indoor hot tub with waterfall. Our weather has not been pleasant with high temps only in the mid 30s, cloudy, gray and damp and depressing as it's been going on for days.

After literally dumping all my gear in my room I headed for the pool area. As I entered the courtyard I could hear kids yelling and laughing and having fun. There were several people in the pool and more inside in the hot tub area. As I'm walking along in all my regalia heads turn and noise stops and I can hear people saying, "He's going to jump in the pool with all his clothes on!" Yes indeed, that's exactly what I planned to do.

I had on my black cowboy boots and hat, brand new Lee indigo jeans that I had just removed the tags from, black belt, bright red shirt, red/white/blue striped tie and a black western cut tuxedo jacket.

Looking around I spied my friend whom I met there on my birthday - the big body builder guy and his wife and their two daughters. They were very happy to see me and even remembered my name. They told me they had come back specifically to see me and brought the kids with them this time so they could see as well. They agreed to take videos and pics for me so I handed him my phone and stepped to the edge of the pool. I could see people's faces pressed against the window of the inside area and some people even came outside to watch. The people in the pool cleared an area for me and with a shout of "Happy New Year" I jumped into the pool! There were shouts, cheers and laughter. I wasn't expecting such a reception. The water was beautifully warm and I didn't want to get out. Lots of people swam over to talk and ask questions. How long had I been doing this? Why did I do it? And the big question - was I going to come back later in my tuxedo and when? I climbed out and the air had a bite and a chill to it so I immediately jumped back in. One man was swimming with his grandchildren and said he suspected I was probably warmer with all my layers of clothing than they were in just their bathing suits. He said he might even start a tradition and go in with his clothes on as well in the future.

So I worked my way inside to get in the hot tub. It was full, but everybody squeezed together to make room for me. More questions and comments, all favorable. Everybody loved it. I was sitting next to a man and his grown son who was very friendly and we had a nice chat. In fact everyone was very friendly and pleasant but the big question was when was I coming back in my tuxedo? Several people there had been there before and seen me and were looking forward to it. Since there were lots of families with kids it was decided eight o'clock would be a good time as that would allow them to go get dinner and then come back to swim before the kids had to go to bed. The other major question was how late would the pool be open? It normally closes at ten but many of us remembered past New Year Eves when they stayed open until shortly after midnight. However I was told at check in, as had many of the others, the pool would close at ten. One man thought we should start a petition to get them to stay open til midnight but I don't think it would have worked. Since covid rules and regulations have changed. I have a feeling the pool can only be open a specific number of hours per day and has a limited capacity. I did see a sign that said only 50 people in the pool at a time, and I know we were way over that, I did notice the clerks coming through from time to time to check on things, but they just made sure things were orderly and under control and turned a blind eye to the actual numbers. Still, they can only go so far.

At 7:45 I returned to the pool area dressed in my black boots and hat, new black Lee jeans (again just took the tags off before putting them on), black belt, white slightly ruffled tuxedo shirt with black pearl buttons, paisley tuxedo vest, black western neckpiece that snapped together, and swallow tailed tuxedo coat.

Everybody was ready and waiting, With my friend taking videos once again everyone cleared a space and I canon balled into the pool. I actually wound up jumping in several times as kids kept wanting to jump in with me so their parents could take videos of them with me. I finally made it to the hot tub, which was basically a repeat of the earlier session. Again friendly banter, people moving to make room for me. This time the big question was, "Are you coming back next year?" I plan to if everything goes well. So many people told me that they had seen me do it in years past and look forward to it every year. I never dreamed it would evolve to this extent.

I don't know exactly what happened but I got out of the hot tub and was sitting to rest for a few minutes when suddenly I was hit by a wave of total exhaustion. It may have been all the heat and steam from the hot tub, the place was like a sauna, but I thought for a second I might actually pass out. I retreated to my room, got out of my wet clothes and literally jumped into the bed.

Feel better today but the evening got cut a bit short. Don't know if the pool stayed open til midnight, but I suspect it closed the normal time.
I decided to forego the two polar dips this weekend, one yesterday and one today. Too cold and nasty out. I really must be getting old!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]