Page banner image

Deep Sea Diving Doctor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on January 14, 2024 at 17:01:47

This morning I was laying in bed watching tv waiting for the local news to come on. The program that preceded the news is called Ocean Mysteries or Oceanic Mysteries. Sorry I can't remember which, but I was only half awake and semiconcious when it first came on. The show was filmed off Hawaii and the host met up with two marine biologists to go in search of a rare butterfly fish that had only been spotted twice before. This one marine biologist was known for discovering new and rare species of fish. They were going to dive to a depth of two hundred feet or more and required some special equipment to do so, including oxygen tanks that somehow recycled the air.

They were sitting on the deck of the boat predive discussing potential dangers and areas where this fish had been seen before. The host and one of the marine biologists were decked out in typical diving gear including wet suits. However, the famous doctor was wearing a loose fitting, long sleeved button down shirt and a pair of shorts. I wondered if he would change, but he did not. That's what he wore on the dive.

I don't much about diving, I refer to friend Swimmerrat who does lots of diving fully clothed and has a great deal of experience in that regard. Yet I assume diving to that depth the water would be quite cold, even off the coast of Hawaii, and that a wetsuit might be desired. It didn't seem to bother the doctor though. They were in the water a long time - their ascension alone took over an hour as they had to go slowly to avoid the bends. The mission was successful, they spotted the rare fish, and post dive they were back on the deck of the boat discussing their adventure. The doctor was still in his wet shirt and shorts and didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable or perturbed. His choice of apparel was never mentioned. He must do this often, but as he travels around the world it did make me wonder what he wears in other places when diving.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]