Page banner image

Re: warning sign for people like us

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on December 29, 2023 at 21:23:46

In Reply to: Re: warning sign for people like us posted by Pete on December 29, 2023 at 18:38:19:

I've been in a lot of dunk tanks over the years, homemade and otherwise. There is a certain element of danger and risk no matter how well made they are. I've suffered pinched fingers, bruised elbows and knees, been hit on the head by the seat and even hit by the ball as it bounced off the device and landed inside the tank. Most of my injuries happened when climbing back up on the seat and it wasn't set properly and collapsed before I could get properly positioned on it, throwing me off balance into the side of the tank instead of dropping me down smoothly into the water. I've seen people try to grab onto the sides as they fall and get hurt as a result.

Like you I wouldn't sue, but I am fully aware of the risks when I climb up on that seat. But many parents let small children go up and neither the child nor the parent is aware of what can happen. And adults too! So if I am there assisting I always ask the person if they have ever been in a dunk tank before. If not I tell them to sit squarely on the seat, feet and legs dangling straight down and hands placed on their lap. When the seat drops out from under just drop and don't try to reach out and grab anything. I've broken my own rules many times in an effort to entertain the crowd. And there have been more than one occasion when I volunteered to be dunked and was refused because I wasn't part of that particular organization and wasn't covered by their insurance. I guess it all boils down to common sense in the end, but that's something that seems to be lacking in many people these days.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]