Page banner image

Re: Credo in unum deum, Shakti omnipotentem TEST

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on August 13, 2023 at 17:46:22

In Reply to: Re: Credo in unum deum, Shakti omnipotentem TEST posted by Squishy Plushie on August 13, 2023 at 17:11:19:

I have my own AutoHotkey script for character entry. It has at least three advantages: mnemonics (Γ© is Ctrl+Alt+/, E, or AltGr+/, E), Unicode (I can type symbols not in Windows Latin 1), and it works on my 60% keyboard in the office that has no number pad, function keys or arrow keys.

Mnemonic character entry is not new, but missing from Windows. The Compose key is a well-known implementation (I used to wonder what it did, as no music came out of the computer when I pressed it), and there is limited dead-key composition in Mac OS. Microsoft Word does or at least did have its own dead-key composition, but there is nothing standard in Windows. (There is some kind of US International layout but just like Japanese input, is bound to a US keyboard. There was also a third-party UK International layout but it was troublesome and incomplete so I just threw it out and moved what I needed into my own script.)

The United Kingdom International layout, as I recall, also arranged β€˜β€™ and β€œβ€ logically (single on [] and double on {}) instead of Apple’s stupid idea of β€˜β€™ being [{ and β€œβ€ being ]}, breaking the left/right mnemonics. I kept that arrangement as it made more sense, despite using the Mac arrangement for years.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]